Provide Disaster Help in Your Community (DAT Winona County)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Minnesota Dakotas Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Has access to RC Care and can directly enter case data.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicates scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training.
- Able to respond reliably to local disasters when on call.
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures.
- Reliable access to technology (including smartphone and laptop or computer)
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Care and RC Respond and online interfaces.
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene.
- Stand for two-hour periods
- Sit for two-hour periods
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Walk for two miles during a shift
- Work outdoors
- Spend hours writing
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
- Climb two or more flights of stairs
- Drive in daytime and at night
Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
To Apply for this position please go to: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=22490&h=210&p=206780
If you have questions, please contact the volunteer team at MNDAKVolunteer@redcross.org or call 612-463-6587.
48 More opportunities with American Red Cross - Minnesota Dakotas Region3 Reviews
About American Red Cross - Minnesota Dakotas Region
1201 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55454, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's providing care and comfort to one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, an ill or injured service member or veteran, or support to a military family, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Winona, MN 55987
March 16, 2023
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Response
- Background Check
- 4 hour shifts, time varies on your availability