ORGANIZATION: Blue Ridge Humane Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
POSITION SUMMARY- Purpose to position and relevance to BRHS mission
Animal Transport Volunteers are responsible for assisting in the safe transport of BRHS animals from locations. Between our Adoption Center, Henderson County Animal Services,
Hendersonville PetSmart, Vet Offices, and various partnering shelters, BRHS animals can find themselves being transported in vehicle quite a bit. This volunteer role will help to alleviate the time of staff spent transporting animals by getting these animals where they need to be! Transport Volunteers will be assigned to help with either PetSmart Cats or Dog or Cat Vet Visit Transport.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Including but not limited to:
* Volunteers are required to commit to a desired day of the week to regularly be available to transport animals for their assignment.
* Communicate with appropriate Adoption Center staff about transports that need to be done on your given volunteer day. Confirm pick-up and drop-off locations with the staff member.
* Be available and on-call throughout the volunteers shift for any last-minute transports.
* Arrive on time at pick-up location that has been determined by Adoption Center staff.
* Before leaving pick-up location, be sure to count how many animals are in the vehicle and ensure all scheduled to go have been loaded into a vehicle.
* Ensure correct paperwork is transported with the animal. Count paperwork and make sure all pieces of paperwork are included.
* Follow correct policies and procedures for animal transport.
* Follow appropriate protocol for transport at drop-off location (Ex: Setting up cat cage at PetSmart or waiting for the duration of the vet visit).
* Communicate with appropriate Adoption Center staff following successful transport.
* Notify staff or any unusual or dangerous activity that occurs during the transport.
* Work cooperatively with all Adoption Center staff and partnering staff to safely transport animals; report any concerns with staff to Volunteer Coordinator.
* Represent BRHS in a professional manner at all times in appearance, demeanor.
* Communicate effectively with Adoption Center, Volunteer Coordinator, staff, and volunteers and help maintain a positive work environment.
* At the completion of your shift, accurately report hours in the Volunteer Information Center online.
* Comply with all up-to-date COVID-19 policies and procedures.
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
On-call on your desired day. Assigned a specific transport route.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Blue Ridge Humane Society
88 Centipede Lane, HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28792, US
We are dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County and our neighboring communities through adoption, outreach, and education.
The Blue Ridge Humane Society offers a variety of volunteer opportunities from assisting in our Adoption Center, Thrift Store, and with Community Programs! If you are a dog or cat lover, we are looking for driven individuals who are believe in ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County. There are so many pieces that go into fulfilling our mission from adoption, prevention, and education and we need volunteers throughout every step of the way!
Multiple locations Hendersonville, NC 28792
June 2, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We request on consistent weekly shift.