Warehouse Volunteers for Nourish Pierce County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Nourish Pierce County
Every day at the warehouse, we sort through thousands of pounds of donated food. We need volunteers to help sort through and inspect donations, repack bulk food into smaller packaging, and even drive and deliver truckloads of food. Volunteering to sort and repack food is a perfect opportunity to serve for both individuals and groups.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sort and bag fresh produce
- Pack non-perishable grocery boxes
- Unload and organize food donations
- Clean work space and assist with garbage disposal
- Must be physically fit and able to lift at least 20 pounds repeatedly throughout shifts
- Ability to work on your feet for several hours
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable in a busy environment
- Courtesy and helpfulness are expected
- Closed toe shoes and shirts with sleeves are required
- Good customer service skills and the ability to work in a team are required
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
8500 Durango Street SouthwestTacoma, WA 98499
June 2, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK