The Forest is Calling - Immediate Openings for Work Trade
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Hostel in the Forest
The Hostel in the Forest is looking for fun thoughtful folks for winter work exchange positions. Our focus is on creating a space for retreat and educational experiences that connect people with each other and nature. If you haven't been to the hostel before I'd recommend peeping some pictures. Its 140 acres of forest in South Georgia, dotted with tree houses and geodesic domes, a swimming lake, an art lab full of supplies, and a yoga pagoda with 360 degree floor-to-ceiling glass, all part of a functioning hostel with a constant stream of colorful, kind and curious folks.
- Work exchange can be anywhere from a week to a few months
- A typical schedule is 6 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week
- Responsibilities depend on length of stay, skills and current needs but include things like helping with cooking, cleaning, hostel up-keep, composting, gardening, chicken care and interaction with guests (some very cool folks roll through).
The positions are unpaid but while you're here you get
- Food - Home cooked, tasty, veg friendly, super fresh eggs from the forest flock. We eat well!
- Lodging - Housing is in rustic huts, domes and tree-houses
- Use of the amenities - Lake days? lab nights? Yoga in between?
- New skills -Learn to: cook on a wood burning stove, raise chickens, compost, garden and other sustainable practices. Plus share your skills with us!
- FUN! - Just this week we've: campfire chatted until the wee hours, spontaneous dance partied while dish-washing, morning meditated, been on a moon lit row boat ride, hilariously sunk a row boat in the moonlight... etc etc...
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Brunswick, GA 31523
June 2, 2022