Group Leader needed for Family Support/Baby Brigade!
ORGANIZATION: Soldiers' Angels - Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Group Leader is responsible for managing Team Angels who are members of their Team’s specific Group. The goal of this position is to ensure the proper level of oversight and support for all volunteers. The Group Leader is responsible for making sure that all Team Angels acknowledge Soldiers’ Angels policies and procedures. This ensures a consistent quality of service and sets clear expectations of each volunteer. This position’s success should ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to Soldiers’ Angels. It is imperative that all Team Angels feel fully supported and valued, that our Service Members and their Families feel properly appreciated and strengthened and that Soldiers’ Angels’ policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the supervision of at least 20-100 Team Angels who have been placed in their Group by their Team Leader.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the assigned Team Angels.
- Group Leaders report directly to Team Leader. If there is an issue with a Team Leader, Group Leaders should then to go to the Family Support Team Programs Manager.
- Work closely with their Team Leader to ensure their Team Angels are well informed and receiving support needed to give Service Members/Family the support they need.
- Follow all policies and procedures put in place by the Team Leader to ensure consistency of services to all Team Angels.
- Acknowledge and recognize the contribution of volunteers.
- Develop strong relationships with Team Leader to ensure best use of the resources, tools and knowledge of others.
- Notify Team Leader immediately, should there ever be an issue with a Team Angel.
- Ensure emails are answered within 24-48 hours of receipt. If Group Leader is ever unable to answer within 24-48 hours, they need to let Team Leader know, so that no Angel waits more than 24-48 hours for a response.
- Work with Team Leader to insure Team Angels receive recognition for their dedication to Soldiers’ Angels.
- Work with Team Leader to do outreach to Team Angels and Angels possibly interested in joining team.
- Share stories, pictures, quotes and team statistics to Team Leader (at a minimum) bi-weekly, or as requested.
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established with both your Team Angels and your Team Leader.
- Ensure Team Angels know who their Group Leader, Team Leader and Program Manager is.
- Maintain positive Social Media presence, only responding when sure of answer, but tagging Team Leader should there be any doubts.
- Making sure that the Team Angels are following the rules of the Facebook Page
- Work closely with the Team Leader to develop contest for Team Angels to participate in and post them to the Facebook Page
- Internet searches for outreach potential
- Abide by and support the philosophy, policy, and guidelines of the organization.
- Act in the best interests of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Carry out the tasks outlined in the Duties and Responsibilities above.
- Participate in orientation, meetings, and training as scheduled.
- Maintain a record of volunteer hours.
- All Group Leaders are required to read and sign Volunteer Handbook.
- All Group Leaders will undergo a background check.
- Conflict resolution: Should a Group Leader ever have an issue/concern, they are asked to contact their Team Leader directly. If resolution is not able to be handled at this level, it will be escalated to the Program Manager.
- 6 months of active participation plus on Team for which they would like to be Group Leader.
- May not be a Team Leader/Group Leader on any other team.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to prioritize big picture ideas and execute into tangible actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present effective and compelling messages to individuals, groups and the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
- Experience with Windows-based software.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills.
About Soldiers' Angels - Chicago
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, 820 S Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, US
The mission of Soldiers’ Angels is to provide aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families.
This site provides support to the Chicago metro area and the Chicago VA and the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 24, 2022
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training