6 people are interested
Help Line - Kidney Disease online counselor
ORGANIZATION: KIDNEYS QUEST FOUNDATION INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Help Line - 4 Positions - Teen Team, Advocate, After the Diagnosis, Lifestyle Changes, and Anxiety
These are remote/online positions that would respond to online requests for individual help. You would contact the individual and offer one on one help for those with renal/kidney disease in the areas of teens, advocacy, after the diagnosis, and lifestyle changes and anxiety.
You set your own schedule.
About KIDNEYS QUEST FOUNDATION INC
1058 N MACLAY AVE, SAN FERNANDO, CA 91340, US
Kidneys Quest Foundation, Inc. is an outreach organization dedicated to families and individuals with kidney disorders and those in need of kidney transplants. The foundation is designed to help people focus on building inner strength and learning how to take action to manage their health condition. KQF is committed to educating and providing people with knowledge about the choices that are available. The goal of KQF is to support and direct kidney patients when they feel they don’t know how to get to that next step and to alleviate some of the fears and stress of living with a kidney disease. Kidneys Quest Foundation works in several areas: •
Kidneys Quest Foundation (KQF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping renal disease patients and their families deal with the challenges of chronic kidney disease, dialysis and kidney transplants.
KQF's goals are
(1) Education and Information, including speakers’ programs, educational materials, monthly support meetings with kidney fitness exercises for patients, and a variety of consultation services on everything from health record management to renal diets to dialysis and kidney disease support services;
(2) Transplant List Qualification and Support, to assist patients in all stages of the process to qualify for a kidney transplant and how to move up on transplant wait lists;
(3) How to Be a Live Kidney Donor, helping patients, families and the general public learn more about how they can become a live donor for kidney transplants;
(4) Community Outreach, with 10-15 community-based events each year;
(5) Dialysis Center Outreach, helping support 75-100 dialysis units in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego Counties (with telephone support for Oakland and San Francisco);
(6) Meet and Greet Programs, which include activities based at dialysis centers, hospitals, schools and health care events in the community; and
(7) Emergency Backpack Distribution Program, distributing emergency backpack kits to kidney patients - to help them survive in a natural disaster.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 1, 2022
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Patient Care
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment: As needed, you set your own schedule. Zoom session, prep/set up time varies.
- Experience with Kidney/Renal Disease and counseling needed. Zoom experience and equipment to conduct sessions.