DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
One Day! Coach a Small Group of 6th/7th Grade Students @ the Atlanta JA Discovery Center!
ORGANIZATION: JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
JA Chick-fil-A Discovery Center at Atlanta | Downtown Atlanta
Volunteers serve as "coaches" for a group of 5-8 middle school students navigating their way through a 1-day simulation in either JA BizTown or JA Finance Park. During the simulation, students get to be an adult for the day! As a volunteer, you’ll answer questions about what it’s like to have adult responsibilities and empower students to make their own adult decisions during the simulation.
In JA BizTown, students interact within a simulated economy and take on the challenge of running a business.
In JA Finance Park, students are assigned a 'life situation’ within a simulated community to make household budget decisions.
What Does the Volunteer Day Look Like?
- Arrival & Check-in: 8-8:15am - business casual attired recommended
- Volunteer Training: 8:30am
- Student Arrival & Simulation Start: 10am
- Lunch: 12pm (Chick-fil-A sandwich, chips, and bottled water. A microwave and refrigerator are available on-site if bringing own lunch)
- Volunteer Dismissal & Debrief: 2:45pm
Where should I park?
We are located within the Georgia World Congress Center, Building C. Parking details are provided during volunteer registration and pre-event communications.
How Do I Signup?
Visit vhub.at/JAIndividualsAtlanta to view available volunteer opportunities and register.
Have questions about the day? Contact Sarina at email@example.com
Value of Volunteering
- Impact the next generation of students
- Make new friends & connections in the community
- Promote organization brand
- Enhance Leadership & Coaching skills
- Coffee provided in the morning
- FREE Thank You Lunch
About JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
275 Northside Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30314, US
Imagine a generation of students armed with the confidence and understanding to take control of their futures and equipped to achieve their dreams. Junior Achievement’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy by redesigning education to make learning more experiential, authentic, and relevant to the real world.
TWO PROGRAMS TO GET INVOLVED:
1. JA DISCOVERY CENTERS (JA BizTown or JA Finance Park): In a one day visit to JA BizTown or JA Finance Park, volunteers guide students as they progress through the interactive simulation to either help students run a business (JA BizTown) or help students budget as an adult for the day (JA Finance Park). JA BizTown and JA Finance Park provides middle school students with authentic and innovative learning experiences around professional business skills. There is no prior training or experience required, except volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- JA's Chick-fil-A Foudnation Discovery Center - downtown Atlanta
- JA's Discovery Center at Gwinnett - Lawrenceville, next to Discovery High School
- JA's Mike and Lynn Cottrell Discovery Center - Forsyth County
2. 3DE, POWERED BY JA
3DE Re-engineers high school education through partnerships with the business community and school districts, creating a new model of experiential learning through real-life case challenges. Looking for skilled volunteers with knowledge of: CASE STUDY METHODOLOGY, PRESENTATION, POWERPOINT CREATION, CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING.
9 Different High School's around Greater Atlanta.
JA Chick-fil-A Discovery CenterLocated in the Georgia World Congress Center275 Northside Drive NWAtlanta, GA 30314
September 8, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Typical volunteer time commitment is 8:00am-2:45pm. Volunteer day schedule may vary based on the visiting school. Please review the specific registration for exact time.
- Can volunteer at age 17 with parent/guardian consent.