Become A Corps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: OneOC
What if you could get paid to make an impact in the community and gain valuable work experience...all at the same time?
Put your values into action to make a difference where the need is greatest. Since 1994, more than 1 million Americans have given 1.3 billion hours of service through AmeriCorps.
OneOC, in partnership with AmeriCorps, is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships. These powerful service experiences help AmeriCorps members develop skills and passion for lifelong civic engagement, increase their personal growth, and open opportunities for diverse career paths.
Service term: August 15, 2022 - July 31, 2023 (reviewing candidates for IMMEDIATE placement)
As a OneOC AmeriCorps member, you will have the opportunity to build the capacity of Orange County’s most prominent nonprofits.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the development and implementation of a volunteer program with highly motivated volunteers
- Develop partnerships that provide support for the site’s volunteer program and overall goals
- Track volunteer program and infrastructure development
- Recruit volunteers with a variety of different skillsets to aid with different volunteer program initiatives
- Serve side-by-side with volunteers to provide guidance, to better understand the clients’ needs, and to improve the volunteer experience
- Participate in all program-required training and development opportunities, including orientations and regular meetings.
What Do You Get?
In exchange for your service, AmeriCorps member benefits include:
- Monthly Stipend ($2000 per month)
- Childcare Subsidy (if applicable)
- Health Benefits
- Student Loan Deferment (if applicable)
- Education Award: $6,495 (Members may use the education award to pay for current educational expenses at an eligible institution, to repay qualified student loans, or to do both).
- California For All Education Award $3,505* (pending annual California State budget approval)
- Eligibility for CalFresh (CA’s food stamp program)
- Federal Student Loan deferment and interest repayment
- Extensive Professional Development and experiential learning opportunities
What Do You Bring?
The most successful in this position have had one year or more of college experience, strong leadership and interpersonal skills, good technological skills, possess ingenuity and a can-do spirit, and are energized by serving others.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma (some college preferred)
- US citizen, US National, or lawful permanent resident of the US
- Clear background checks (DOJ, FBI, NSOPW)
- Submit current, clear TB (tuberculosis) test
- Provide proof of complete COVID vaccination
Are you ready to make a difference?
Apply TODAY by sending your resume to: HR@oneoc.org
OneOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6819 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1901 E. 4th St. #100Santa Ana, CA 92705
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME