Adult ESL Volunteer Tutor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Indo-American Center
The Indo-American Center is in need of volunteers for our English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Volunteers will work with students who need help learning the English language and help with reading, writing and speaking skills. Volunteers will work with students in small groups or one-one-one. Classes are Monday-Thursday from 2pm-4pm. Commitment is around 2 hours/week for 12 weeks (one quarter). 12 hour training through LiteracyWorks is free and required.
We are strictly adhering to COVID-19 protocols and safety measuring including social distancing, wearing masks, and checking temperatures.
- Commitment of about 2 hours per week
- Twelve hours of Tutor Essentials training through LiteracyWorks (this is free to you)
- A good command of the English, patience, enthusiastic, and a desire to help others
- 12 week commitment is required, with a longer commitment welcomed
- Free supplemental training
- Practical teaching experience with small group or one-on-one
- Supportive and friendly environment
- Lesson-planning assistance
- Teaching materials provided
- Learn about South Asian and other immigrant groups and their cultures
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6328 N. California AvenueChicago, IL 60659
June 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK