We're sorry, this opportunity no longer exists.
Low Entropy Foundation has 28 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
The CARE Project: Community Connectors
ORGANIZATION: Low Entropy Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
The CARE Project: Looking for Community Connectors!
What is The C.A.R.E. Project?
C.A.R.E. stands for Compassion, Acceptance, Respect, and Empathy.
The C.A.R.E. Project is a family-centric program that goes beyond addressing the rampant needs of food insecurity in our community. At Low Entropy, we recognize that putting food on the table for families in need is just grazing the surface. Our goal is to come alongside the families in our community to build meaningful, compassionate connections to facilitate real, sustainable solutions to food insecurity.
The C.A.R.E Project is run by a passionate team of volunteers. Whether it’s food sorting, delivering food hampers, calling in for a weekly check-in with families, or coordinating our team’s efforts, C.A.R.E. volunteers make a real tangible impact in our community.
Our next C.A.R.E Project will be running this summer: July 4th - Aug 21st
Community Connector Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a caseload of 3-5 families
- Calls families once a week, each call is 15-30 minutes long
- Develop positive rapport with the families, determine how they are doing, provide a listening ear, and provide resources where appropriate
- Write confidential case notes for each family in our records
- Communicate, debrief, and escalate any unresolved or complicated issues with your assigned Case Manager
- Attend a weekly team meeting to connect with other Community Connectors and Case Managers, learn about community resources, and support each other in this work
- Reports to assigned Case Manager
- Weekly commitment of 3-6 hours
- Must commit to volunteering until the end of August
Qualifications and Skills:
- Compassionate, Accepting, Respectful, and Empathetic
- Supportive and non-judgemental
- Good listener
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Experience working with families from different backgrounds
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about community resources
- Responsive to emails and messages
- Familiar with Google Drive and associated applications (Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Confident speaking over the phone and creating connections with others
- Must be comfortable using your own phone to make phone calls
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of families
- Gain experience being part of a team and working independently
- Become part of the C.A.R.E. team and Low Entropy community
- Reference Letter upon completion of minimum volunteer commitment
- These positions can be done remotely/from home
Application and Screening Process
- Application form
- 2 Reference checks
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector search (free, online)
- Orientation and Training
Complete this application form
About Low Entropy Foundation
#310 - 2540 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3C 3W4, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities. Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections. We believe that personal development should be available to all!
Since 2015, what started as a small gathering for like-minded individuals has blossomed into an expansive community of programs and individuals seeking to elevate their worldview. Today, the Low Entropy Foundation offers a wide variety of free services for adults, youth, and children to empower personal development and build authentic interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 31, 2022
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training