Deliver Hope and A Meal with FiftyForward Fresh Meals on Wheels
Please visit the new page to apply.
FiftyForward Fresh Meals on Wheels delivers healthy meals to the doorstep of older individuals on specific routes in the Nashville community. We are currently looking for friendly, compassionate volunteers to deliver nutritious meals, create a social connection and report to the FiftyForward Fresh program any safety concerns noted upon delivering a meal.
- We are currently looking for drivers to deliver meals on Monday and Wednesday.
- Routes are delivered Monday thru Thursday - Connect with us to see what days and routes are needing volunteers to deliver meals.
- Meals are picked up between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. from FiftyForward PHB, located at 174 Rains Avenue , Nashville, TN 37203 - We have a drive-thru delivery meal pickup.
- Routes take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete depending on number of deliveries on the route and time spent with each client.
- FiftyForward Fresh delivery drivers are required to show verification of a complete COVID-19 vaccination and to wear a mask when picking up and delivering meals.
- FiftyForward Fresh delivery drivers must complete a background check (paid for by FiftyForward).
- Volunteer opportunity also includes signing up to be a substitute driver and pick up routes that need delivery when regular drivers are unavailable.
This is a rewarding volunteer opportunity that greatly impacts in positive ways the health and well-being of older individuals. This volunteer opportunity also creates a community connection that combats loneliness and social isolation many are currently experiencing. It is also a lot of fun to meet so many wonderful older individuals.
Contact Jen Jackson at email@example.com for more information.
174 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203, US
FiftyForward supports, champions and enhances life for those 50 and older.
FiftyForward serves adults age 50 and over in Davidson and Williamson Counties. We operate 7 lifelong learning centers with a variety of programming to keep active older adults engaged in life and their community. FiftyForward also offers services for vulnerable older adults through our Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Services respite program and care management programs.
174 RAINS AVENashvilleNashville, TN 37203
May 31, 2022
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours