DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Play music, sing songs, or lead art activities with seniors (flexible scheduling weekday afternoons)
ORGANIZATION: Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Through Wilder Connect, we provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for older adults and people with memory-loss disorders to give caregivers a much needed break. As an Enrichment Volunteer, you will play an important role helping participants experience engaging, enjoyable activities. Sharing your specialized skills, you will lead the group in interactive music or an art activity. We can't wait to hear what you'd like to lead - crafts, painting, sing-a-long, and more!
You can give back and have fun interacting with our participants through short-term or recurring instruction on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis (afternoon options). Join us and make a big difference in the lives of local adults and caregivers!
- Prepare content prior to your volunteer shift and connect with your supervisors as needed
- Provide a brief interactive session utilizing your background and interests, such as arts & crafts or playing music/singing in ways that participants can engage with
- Assist participants during the activity, if applicable
- Help set up and cleanup activities, if applicable
- Foster a welcoming environment by engaging in conversation with participants
- Report any participant concerns or observations to your volunteer supervisor
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to interact with and assist people of varying backgrounds, cultures and identities, including race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, ability, gender, etc.
- Complete a background check (Wilder covers the cost).
- Complete a Mantoux test (Wilder covers the cost).
- Complete required online training about supporting adults with memory loss.
- Experience teaching or presenting helpful but not required.
- Experience in specialized area to share with participants, such as art or music.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with participants.
- Able to listen and carefully follow directions.
- Monday through Thursday options between 1:00-4:00pm - 30 to 60 minutes is generally recommended for an activity. Volunteer shifts can be set up weekly, bi-weekly or monthly for a recurring series.
- Simply express your interest via the orange "I want to help" button, or contact Paige Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-280-2460 to receive our application link.
- Applications from Black, Indigenous, and people of color, multilingual speakers, all genders, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged.
About Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
451 Lexington Parkway North, Saint Paul, MN 55104, US
The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation mission is to promote the social welfare of people living in Greater Saint Paul by all appropriate means without regard to age, race, religion or social status. Our vision is a vibrant community where all individuals, families, and neighborhoods can prosper, with opportunities to work, to be engaged in their communities, to live in decent housing, to attend good schools, and to receive support during times of need.
The Amherst H. Wilder Foundation is a nonprofit health and human services organization that has served the greater Saint Paul, MN area since 1906. Wilder is not a grant-making foundation, but a public charity as defined by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Wilder creates lasting, positive change rooted in people through direct services, research and community building. Last year we served more than 6,600 people through programs dedicated to family stability and mental health, engaged thousands more through community initiatives and worked with more than 150 organizations to produce 150+ evaluations and research reports that inform work toward the common good.
941 Lafond Ave.St Paul, MN 55104
September 25, 2023
- Elder care
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Monday through Thursday options between 1:00-4:00pm – 30 to 60 minutes is generally recommended for an activity. Volunteer shifts can be set up weekly, bi-weekly or monthly for a recurring series, depending on volunteer availability.