2 people are interested
SharePoint Design Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Honolulu Habitat for Humanity
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
This is a virtual (volunteer-from-home) or hybrid (mix of remote and in-person) opportunity. This position will help improve the internal and external SharePoint environments to better support our mission-driven work. They will work under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropy.
Project description: Develop a SharePoint site for use by Habitat’s Wahine Build committee, allowing users to intuitively locate core resources, share files, track and report subcommittee progress, collaborate effectively and organize materials.
- Create, maintain and implement a records management system
- Administration, design and implementation of site pages, documents, wikis, etc. using SharePoint tools and capabilities (web parts, metadata, quick links, etc.)
- Collaborate with individuals and teams to understand their SharePoint needs and work on solutions to provide an intuitive, end-user experience
- Participate in curation and maintenance of SharePoint guidance and resources
- Migration of documents, files and data to new structure; data clean up
- Broad understanding of Honolulu Habitat for Humanity and its mission
- Acceptance of confidentiality agreement and policy
- Detail orientated and highly organized
- Substantial experience with SharePoint administration or development
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably and independently navigate IT systems
- Comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision
- Reliable access to internet and device during volunteer hours
- Preferred: SharePoint certification
Training and support:
- Introduction to department’s existing use of SharePoint and business needs
- In-depth review of project objectives, outcomes and data elements
- Habitat brand guidance, messaging styles and mission
About Honolulu Habitat: Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Honolulu Habitat for Humanity was founded in 1988 as an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Families and individuals in need of a hand up partner with Habitat to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower. To learn more, visit honoluluhabitat.org.
About Honolulu Habitat for Humanity
922 Austin Lane C-1, Honolulu, HI 96817, US
Now more than ever, we see how important it is to have a safe place to call home. Habitat for Humanity believes that everyone deserves a decent place to live. When you volunteer with habitat you build a stronger community and help hard working families build their future. Through shelter, we empower.
Honolulu Habitat for Humanity (HHH) is a non-profit affordable housing organization that partners with families in Honolulu County to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. Our goal is to eliminate poverty housing on Oahu by building and preserving safe, affordable housing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 26, 2022
- Information Architecture
- Software Engineering
- IT Strategy
- Content Management Systems
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Orientation or Training
- Schedule: 8-10 hours per week (min. 2-3 hours per week during business hours). Duration: 2 months with option for renewal