Presenter: Disaster Education- Prepare with Pedro K-2nd- Glendale * Arcadia * Pomona * San Gabriel V
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. Save lives and prevent injury by providing leadership and/or support to Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team members by supporting the Prepare with Pedro program. The 30-45-minute presentation provides emergency preparedness education to youth in grades K-2 (ages 4-7) in school classrooms and other settings by following Pedro the Penguin as he learns how to be prepared and take action during an emergency. Focus areas of being a Prepare with Pedro Team Leader could include: ensuring targets are achieved, supervising Team Members and ensuring they complete the required training, strengthening partnership outreach and building community engagement, scheduling presentations and ensuring they are staffed, coordinate media coverage needs, collaborate with Home Fire Campaign and other Disaster Services efforts, and complete all administrative support.
The Preparedness Division provides appropriate preparedness programming within a community to assist community members to prepare for home fires and other disasters.
- Provide ongoing supervision to Prepare with Pedro Team Members
- Follow all standards and procedures for implementing and delivering Prepare with Pedro in the region
- Ensure the region achieves its fiscal year target
- Work with volunteer services to recruit volunteers and ensure all presenters are trained according to program requirement
- Work with all Red Cross lines of service to build a robust outreach and community engagement program, for example, working with Service to the Armed Forces in the region to offer the program at military bases in the region
- Work with regional volunteers, workforce engagement leads and others within Disaster Cycle Services to ensure presentations are successfully scheduled and staffed appropriately
- Consult with regional communications and marketing teams to promote the program and to coordinate other media coverage needs
- Coordinate presentations in the same zip codes as the Home Fire Campaign, and build community partnerships with organizations like Boys and Girls Clubs and YMCAs, as well as other disaster partners
- Attend all training webinars and workshops, at the beginning of the program period, led by the national headquarters team, and complete other required tasks, such as inventory counts, in a timely fashion
- Ensure all data is reported to the national headquarters team each month
- Provide national headquarters with ideas, stories and lessons learned that could improve the program, and coordinates these stories with those being reported for the Home Fire Campaign
About American Red Cross
1450 S Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90021, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. Join a team of 4000+ regular volunteers in the Los Angeles Region to deliver services to local communities daily, weekly or monthly.
Multiple locations Montrose, CA 91020
June 28, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Able to commit 1 hour per month for presentations and travel time