Lead: Local Disaster Response Supervisor - DTLA * Koreatown * South LA * West LA
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. To serve as a team leader on a Disaster Action Team (DAT) response providing scheduled 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster. The DAT Supervisor is responsible for leading the on-scene response to ensure the immediate disaster-related needs of our clients are assessed and addressed ensuring all Red Cross standards and procedures are followed and monitors the safety of the on-scene team members.
- Act as a mentor for new DAT members.
- Ensure that the team responds to disasters within established timelines.
- Responsible for the Client Assistance Cards (CAC) used for the delivery of client services.
- Identifies and liaises with the on-scene incident commander and other appropriate authorities to coordinate Red Cross activity.
- As the on-scene leader, works with team to determine the appropriate immediate assistance for individuals and families.
- Assesses and communicates the need for additional support and resources (Public Affairs, Disaster Mental Health, Health Services, and Disaster Spiritual Care) to the Duty Officer and/or DAT Manager as appropriate.
- Ensures adequate DAT supplies, such as comfort kits and intake information is available to DAT members.
- Uses RC Care System to enter case data and issue Immediate Assistance using the Electronic Funds Transfer or CACs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
About American Red Cross
1450 S Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90021, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. Join a team of 4000+ regular volunteers in the Los Angeles Region to deliver services to local communities daily, weekly or monthly.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90012
November 28, 2023
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training