ORGANIZATION: Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: To teach single or multi session classes, defined as scheduled meetings to explore, learn, discuss, or present a published topic. Classes may be held in a variety of settings including a classroom, a Zoom virtual classroom, art studio, trail,or teaching kitchen. Classes may fit within established curriculum categories or specifically developed content based on an area of expertise held by the instructor.
- Complete a course proposal form outlining content, the number of course sessions needed, what AV equipment would be required, and the dates/days/times the instructor would be available to teach.
- Meet with OLLI staff to further refine the course proposal.
- Communicate to staff specific needs such as supplies needed, and any changes in content or scheduling that may occur.
- Once the class roster has been finalized, to contact students directly to welcome them, give a brief class outline, and to assess student expectations.
- Be trained on A/V equipment as appropriate.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning class to welcome students, and to set up the classroom as needed.
- Manage the classroom experience using best practices such as ensuring every voice is heard, following course outline, good time management, etc.
- Communicate to staff any needs as the course continues.
About Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
100 Thomas Green Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631, US
Clemson University's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute was created so that Upstate adults can continue the joy of learning and exploration. Our purpose is to build a strong sense of an evolving OLLI community that is member-driven and volunteer-led.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Clemson University is a membership community of nearly 1,100 individuals in the Upstate who come from all backgrounds and educational levels. Together we enjoy the camaraderie of our peers as we participate in a myriad of activities designed just for us.
OLLI at Clemson embraces an unusually comprehensive array of courses, excursions and special interest groups. Each year, nearly 350 unique programs provide opportunities to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide variety of academic and recreational pursuits and to share our experiences and perspectives with others.
100 Thomas Green BoulevardClemson, SC 29631
May 27, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- The number of courses one teaches is dependent upon the availability of the instructor, and how each class fits within other class offerings during a particular term.