Outdoor Adventure Group Leader
ORGANIZATION: Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: To lead or facilitate walks, hikes, and other outdoor activities e.g., boating trips, paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.
- To lead or facilitate groups in various types of outdoor programs, as mentioned above.
- To be aware of the fitness level needed for the particular program as discussed in the course catalog.
- If a new adventure for OLLI, to submit a course proposal.
- To know if special equipment is needed, and if so, be able to teach the use of said equipment.
- To have been a participant in, and show proficiency in, the activity you are leading.
- To be familiar with safety protocols used in the unlikely event of injury to group participants.
- To work in concert with naturalists, guides and/or park rangers who may be providing information to the group.
About Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
100 Thomas Green Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631, US
Clemson University's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute was created so that Upstate adults can continue the joy of learning and exploration. Our purpose is to build a strong sense of an evolving OLLI community that is member-driven and volunteer-led.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Clemson University is a membership community of nearly 1,100 individuals in the Upstate who come from all backgrounds and educational levels. Together we enjoy the camaraderie of our peers as we participate in a myriad of activities designed just for us.
OLLI at Clemson embraces an unusually comprehensive array of courses, excursions and special interest groups. Each year, nearly 350 unique programs provide opportunities to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide variety of academic and recreational pursuits and to share our experiences and perspectives with others.
100 Thomas Green BoulevardClemson, SC 29631
May 27, 2022
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- • Meeting with staff to review program details • Three programs per year.