ORGANIZATION: Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: To raise awareness in the community at large as well as to OLLI members about the organization, its mission, and the benefits it provides to members.
- To become knowledgeable about the workings of the organization, how it fits within the Osher network of Life Long Learning Institutes, and the connection between this OLLI and Clemson University.
- To make presentations to groups/organizations describing what OLLI offers to its members in terms of educational opportunities in the form of classes, travel, discussion groups, special lectures, and the opportunities to participate in research projects being carried out at Clemson University.
- To organize and plan events to promote OLLI membership within the OLLI community
- To staff information booths at community events such as craft fairs, farmer’s markets, etc.
About Clemson University Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
100 Thomas Green Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631, US
Clemson University's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute was created so that Upstate adults can continue the joy of learning and exploration. Our purpose is to build a strong sense of an evolving OLLI community that is member-driven and volunteer-led.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Clemson University is a membership community of nearly 1,100 individuals in the Upstate who come from all backgrounds and educational levels. Together we enjoy the camaraderie of our peers as we participate in a myriad of activities designed just for us.
OLLI at Clemson embraces an unusually comprehensive array of courses, excursions and special interest groups. Each year, nearly 350 unique programs provide opportunities to gain knowledge and expertise in a wide variety of academic and recreational pursuits and to share our experiences and perspectives with others.
100 Thomas Green BoulevardClemson, SC 29631
May 27, 2022
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- • To attend three Ambassador meetings per year. • To work/participate in at least two events per year.