Youth Advisory Council Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: PERIOD.
PERIOD. Youth Advisory Council
PERIOD. is a youth-fueled nonprofit that equips and trains young people to eradicate period poverty and stigma through service, education, and advocacy. Through the distribution of menstrual products, promotion of youth leadership, and championing of menstrual equity in policy, PERIOD aims to center those disproportionately affected by period poverty and support local efforts for menstrual equity.
WHAT IS PERIOD’s Youth Advisory Council (YAC)?
The Youth Advisory Council is a youth governance committee tasked with supporting the work of PERIOD. by providing insight and advice to PERIOD.’s programs and strategy. The Council provides direction around racial justice, inclusion, and centering youth voices in PERIOD.’s work. The group consists of 8-12 youth activists, ages 14-25, who meet bi-monthly to tackle essential questions and provide strategic advice to PERIOD. staff and Board of Directors. Council members are a voice and face of PERIOD. youth activists, and ensure the voices and diversity of young activists are heard and represented in PERIOD.’s decision making and program design.
YAC members are often featured in media, included in statewide and national coalitions, and requested by members of the PERIOD. Community or partners to discuss matters of menstrual equity. Council members will vote amongst themselves to nominate the YAC Chair, Vice Chair, and YAC Secretary, and appoint two members to serve on the PERIOD. Board of Directors. Council members will commit to serving a two-year term (2022-24), and must be able to attend bi-monthly virtual council meetings of approximately 2 hours in length.
Stipends are provided for bi-monthly meetings and some media requests, and typically are $75 per bi-monthly meeting.
• Must be between 14-25 years old by August 1st 2022.
• Must live in the United States.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Holds self accountable, sets high expectations for self and others, works both independently and collaboratively, and relates tasks to organizational values.
• Must be interested and invested in advancing PERIOD.’s mission and values, and demonstrate a desire for PERIOD. to grow and succeed
• Must demonstrate leadership qualities related to: communication, integrity, accountability, empathy, resilience, vision, positivity, delegation, confidence, dedication to ending period poverty
2022-24 YAC Application Questions
Please upload your video and written responses to the following questions to the Application Form.
Please write your responses in a separate word document to upload.
The final deadline is May 31st 5pm PST. If you have any questions, please reach out to Ally Crays, 2020-22 YAC Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more here. Contact Allyson@period.org for questions or application extensions.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
6880 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2175 Northwest Raleigh StreetSte 110Portland, OR 97210
October 14, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy