6 people are interested
Call for Weekly Volunteers with Girls Empowerment Network: Dallas - SUMMER 2022
ORGANIZATION: Girls Empowerment Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Girl Connect is Girls Empowerment Network’s weekly recurring summer school-based program. Each semester, Girls Empowerment Network staff, interns, and volunteers work with girls to increase their self-efficacy, resiliency, and positive connection to peers and role models. With support from the Girls Empowerment Network program staff, interns, volunteers, and peers in Dallas, Girl Connect equips girls in grades 3-12 with the skills they need to navigate girlhood.
As a Girl Connect volunteer, you will attend weekly sessions at a local school and act as a co-facilitator alongside the Girls Empowerment Network program lead, all while forming encouraging and caring relationships with the girls in the program. Volunteers lead ice breakers, activities, facilitate discussions, and provide assistance to the Girls Empowerment Network program lead on-site.
As a direct service volunteer, you can choose to volunteer with Girl Connect in either of the following ways:
* Co-facilitate a weekly school group that takes place during the school day between 8AM-3PM and lasts for 1½ hours.
* Co-facilitate a weekly afterschool group that takes place between the hours of 3PM-5:45PM and lasts for 2 hours.
Here are the following Volunteer dates and times:
- Nova Academy Prichard Girl Connect 12:55-2:15pm 6/6-6/9 and 6/13-6/16
- TRIO Upward Bound Richland Campus Girl Connect 12:40-2:30pm 6/17, 6/30,07/12,7/14,7/19
- TRIO Upward Bound Eastfield Campus Girl Connect 12:55-2:45pm 06/27, 6/28, 06/29, 07/18, 7/20, 7/21
* this volunteer opportunity is only available to individuals who have been fully vaccinated.
* Girl Connect volunteers are required to attend a virtual Direct Service Volunteer Training
* volunteers are assigned to a specific school in Dallas and will be required to commit to the same time and day every week for the entirety of the semester.
* Girls Empowerment Network prefers that volunteers make a two-semester minimum commitment. Consistency is key for the girls we serve and we want to ensure that volunteers are able to commit to our programs and the girls they work with.
If you are interested/available to volunteer in-person each week with our Girl Connect program, please fill out this form!
About Girls Empowerment Network
P.O. Box 3122, 2801 South IH-35, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78741, US
Girls Empowerment Network's mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them the skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable.
Girls Empowerment Network (GIRLS) increases girls' self-efficacy by: 1. Equipping them with the skills they need to navigate the dangers and pressures of adolescence. 2. Forging healthy, supportive bonds so they know they are never alone. 3. Surrounding them with relatable role models who encourage, inspire, and guide. GIRLS has numerous programs that serve girls in Central Texas, Houston, and Dallas in grades 3-12, including after-school programming, workshops, and an annual statewide, multi-city We Are Girls Conference.
Multiple locations Dallas, TX 75201
May 24, 2022
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As a Girl Connect volunteer, you will attend weekly sessions at a local school and act as a co-facilitator alongside the Girls Empowerment Network program lead, all while forming encouraging and caring relationships with the girls in the program.
- Driver's License Needed Background Check Must be at least 18 Orientation or Training 1.5-2 hours per week Must be 18+ and have reliable transportation.