Medical Transportation Volunteers Needed
Please visit the new page to apply.
Better at Home Program is recruiting volunteers to provide transportation for seniors to and from their medical appointment.
In Vancouver East: Hastings and Sunrise
- Arrive at client’s home as scheduled.
- Enter client’s home to walk them from home to vehicle.
- Engage in conversation with the client
- Accompany client to the medical appointment to ensure the wellness of the seniors
- Stay with the seniors until the appointment finishes
- Drive the client back home
- Report and issues/concerns to SUCCESS staff
- Covid-19 Protocol-disinfect the vehicle before and after usage
Time Commitment and Schedule: 2-3 hours per week depends on clients’ need. Minimum commitment of 3 months. Timing is based on volunteer availability and also clients appointment schedule, usually its Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- 19 years or older
- Fluency in English
Personal Traits/ Qualities Desired:
- Friendly and welcoming
- Non-judgemental and respectful
- Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin as an asset
- Have strong, clear communication skills and enjoy working in a 1 to 1 environment
- Be confident driving/navigating and enjoy spending time with seniors
- Volunteer must have your own vehicle
Orientation and Training Provided:
- General orientation to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. and the position.
- On-the job training
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain valuable experience with multicultural seniors;
- Support the work of S.U.C.C.E.S.S. in our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy.
- Mileage claim
- This position will be supervised by the Better at Home Program Coordinator
Application and Screening Process:
Please indicate that you are applying for the position.
Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to placement and must have a criminal record check clearance prior to volunteering.
For more info about this position, please contact Janet Wu@604-375-0248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
28 W Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1R6, CA
A World of Multicultural Harmony
We are driven by our vision of a world of multicultural harmony and we focus our mission to build bridges, harvest diversity and foster integration through service and advocacy. Our actions are guided by our value of caring, open, respect, ethical, integrity, inclusive and innovative.
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. was founded in 1973 and incorporated in 1974 as a non-partisan and non-profit charitable organization. Initially founded to assist new Canadians of Chinese descent to overcome language and cultural barriers, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has evolved into a multicultural, multi-service agency assisting people at all stages of their Canadian experience.
Today, the organization is recognized as one of British Columbia's largest social service providers. With over 20 locations, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. proudly services local communities in Greater Vancouver, Fort St. John and overseas in Taipei, Taiwan and Seoul, Korea. Through advocacy, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is also recognized as a prominent voice of positive social change.
Guided by policies envisioned by a board of volunteer directors elected by the membership, over 400 professional staff and 2,000 volunteers deliver a multitude of services in the areas of settlement, employment, health and housing as well as business, auto insurance, economic, community and social development.
28 West Pender StreetVancouver, BC v6m2a8Canada
May 24, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months minimum