69 people are interested
Team Volunteer for Ronald McDonald House Charities at Edward Hospital Family Room
Please visit the new page to apply.
69 people are interested
Purpose: The Ronald McDonald Family Room inside Edward Hospital serves as a place of respite, care and comfort for families whose children are receiving medical treatment in the hospital. The space is located within the pediatric unit and features a kitchenette, TV, shower, playroom and two sleep rooms. Team Volunteers are integral to the day-to-day operations of the Family Room. No two days as a Team Volunteer are alike, and these flexible, passionate individuals handle a variety of tasks to ensure things run smoothly for the families we serve.
Location: Ronald McDonald Family Room inside Edward Hospital, 801 S. Washington Street, Naperville, IL, 60540
- Interact professionally with guests, other volunteers, donors, visitors and staff.
- Complete simple household tasks to maintain a clean and functional space. Responsibilities vary widely but may include: cleaning, delivering/picking up laundry, sanitizing toys and changing light bulbs, as well as restocking or organizing common spaces, the pantry and storage areas.
- Work at the front desk to welcome and assist guests, accept donations, help with administrative projects and answer the phone.
- Help families by preparing sleep rooms for their arrival, answering basic questions and directing them throughout the Family Room.
- Help provide daily meals for families by picking up food from local restaurants (mid-day volunteers) and assisting with the setup and/or cleanup of meals.
- Assist with opening and/or closing the Family Room at the start and end of each day.
- Remain flexible and willing to complete wide-ranging tasks to meet current needs.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able/willing to show proof of vaccination in order to participate at RMHC-CNI locations.
- Agreement with and alignment to all RMHC-CNI rules, policies and protocols, including our current, post-COVID participation requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other volunteers and staff.
- Desire to create and maintain a caring and compassionate environment for guest families.
- Willingness to engage with and provide service to all families and visitors.
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
- Must be capable of standing, squatting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
- Volunteers must commit to two set, recurring shifts each month for at least one year.
- Team Volunteer shifts occur M-F, 9:00am-12:00pm, 11:00am-2:00pm, 2:00-5:00pm and 5:00-8:00pm.
- morning / 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- afternoon / 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- afternoon / 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- evening / 05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
1301 W. 22nd St, Suite 905, Oak Brook, IL 60523, US
We exist so families can get better together.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) is an independent, 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of existing so families can get better together. Every night, more than 150 families heal together because of the comfort, compassion and community they find at our five area Ronald McDonald Houses and three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. That’s 44,000 nights each year when families are able to stay close to their children, helping them to heal faster and saving them more than $9 million in lodging and food costs. We are located near Advocate Children's Hospital, Loyola University Medical Center, University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Edward Hospital in Naperville and Central DuPage Hospital.
801 South Washington StreetNaperville, IL 60540
November 20, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- • Volunteers must commit to two set, recurring shifts each month for at least one year. • Team Volunteer shifts occur M-F, 9:00am-12:00pm, 11:00am-2:00pm, 2:00-5:00pm and 5:00-8:00pm.
- •Volunteers must complete both the RMHC-CNI and Edward Hospital onboarding requirements, including: orientation/info sessions, background checks, health screening/proof of vaccinations, and an on-site shadow shift.