NAIP Americorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: BEST
BEST Hospitality Training would like to welcome four NAIP AmeriCorps members to our team in September 2022. We are a small but well-regarded workforce development nonprofit, focused on the well-paid sector of Boston’s hospitality industry. We are poised for growth as the industry rebounds post-Covid. We consider ourselves a social justice organization; We partner with UNITE HERE Local 26, the hospitality workers union, and believe that quality jobs change people’s lives.
BEST has hosted NAIP AmeriCorps members since their inaugural cohort in 2011. We have hired almost half of the members after their year of service at BEST.
- AmeriCorps members at BEST will teach (ESL and US citizenship preparation) and/or provide career coaching services.
- Teachers will follow BEST’s curriculum and plan lessons, develop new curricula, recruit, assess and support BEST students.
- Career coaching will include helping clients develop resumes, prepare for job interviews, assist with online job applications, assist with intake and screening. and more.
- Update client information in BEST’s Salesforce for Nonprofits database.
- Attend weekly department and organization-wide meetings.
- Attend monthly NAIP meetings.
- Make a full-time, 11-month commitment.
- NAIP AmeriCorps members will serve remotely and/or in-person at our Medford or Seaport locations, depending on client demand.
- Interest and comfort working with immigrants and the unemployed and under-employed.
- Strong tech skills or a willingness to learn. We use Google Classroom, Zoom, Slack, Google apps, Salesforce for Nonprofits.
- Experience teaching and/or coaching is helpful.
- Second language a plus.
- Strong English reading and writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service experience a plus.
- The position will primarily be remote at first, but there is the possibility of in-person service as the pandemic subsides. Ability to travel to Medford (Wellington Station on the Orange Line) and/or Boston’s Seaport District (Silver line or South Station).
BEST is a Mac-based organization and we will provide a Mac laptop to all AmeriCorps members for their term of service. We provide many professional development opportunities for our members, including attendance at the annual MCAE (Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education) Network Conference.
Apply here: https://miracoalition.org/americorps/apply/
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6862 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
101 Station Landing4th FloorMedford, MA 02155
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME