Trails & Maintenance - Day Volunteer - Econfina River State Park
ORGANIZATION: Florida State Parks_Tallahassee/St. Marks Geo Parks
Please visit the new page to apply.
Located just outside of Perry, Econfina River State Park is 5,00 acres of a diverse landscape, ranging from mixed forests to salt marshes and pine islands. With an abundance of wildlife, trails, waterways, and history, this park proffers adventure to any visitor, all right on the border of the Gulf Coast.
The park is currently looking for day volunteers to assist park staff by keeping park grounds, trails, and facilities clean and well maintained. Please note that this is not a host site (resident) position.
- Maintain trails
- Maintain grounds and facilities
- Greet visitors and interpret park rules
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
General maintenance and cleaning skills. Knowledge of safety procedures required during maintenance. Ability to communicate in a friendly, effective, and professional manner.
Standards & Performance
The On‐Duty Ranger, Assistant Park Manager, and Volunteer Coordinator
If interested, please complete "Individual Volunteer Application (non-Park resident)" on the Florida State Parks volunteer portal: https://volunteers.floridastateparks.org/
About Florida State Parks_Tallahassee/St. Marks Geo Parks
148 Old Fort Road, Saint Marks, FL 32355, US
The mission of the Florida Park Service is to provide resource-based recreation while preserving, interpreting and restoring natural and cultural resources. The objective in park planning is to achieve an equitable balance between preserving natural resources and providing public access for outdoor recreation.
The Tallahassee-St. Marks Geo Parks is a system of 9 different state parks located across multiple counties in northwestern Florida. We have opportunities for both resident and non-resident (individual and group) volunteers and encourage people of various backgrounds to apply. From construction to education to visitor services to trail maintenance and invasive plant removal, there is room for people with many different interests, skills, and goals.
Our parks include:
- Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park (resident, non-resident, & group opportunities)
- Lake Talquin State Park (resident, non-resident, & group opportunities)
- San Marcos de Apalache Historic State Park (resident, non-resident, & group opportunities)
- Tallahassee-St. Marks Historic Railroad State Trail (non-resident & group opportunities)
- Letchworth-Love Mounds Archaeological State Park (non-resident & group opportunities)
- Natural Bridge Battlefield Historic State Park (non-resident & group opportunities)
- St. Marks River Preserve State Park (non-resident & group opportunities)
- Econfina River State Park (non-resident & group opportunities)
741 Econfina River RoadLamont, FL 32336
May 22, 2022
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- You determine your schedule and how many hours you want to work with us!