30 people are interested
Meal Helper at Ronald McDonald House
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
Please visit the new page to apply.
30 people are interested
Purpose: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) is committed to providing daily, nutritious meals for the families we serve. Meal Helpers play a critical role in this service by working alongside our culinary team to ensure the successful execution of comforting meals for families at the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s.
Location: RMH near Lurie Children’s, 211 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
- Help execute meals planned by the culinary team by following recipes, prepping ingredients, cooking dishes, and packing or serving food.
- Maintain an organized and functional kitchen by cleaning after food preparation, emptying dishwashers, running sanitizers, restocking pantries, deep cleaning, and properly storing food.
- Manage the dining room during meal service by providing direction to guest families, upholding all safety measures, and consistently sanitizing and cleaning tables.
- If a Culinary Hearts volunteer group is present to prepare a meal during your shift:
- Act as a second-in-command to our culinary team, providing direction to and answering the questions of group participants.
- Support the culinary team in preparing for volunteer groups: gather needed supplies and ingredients, start on recipes, manage food deliveries, inventory supplies, and bring items to/from the kitchen and storage spaces as needed.
- Speak confidently to each volunteer meal group about their involvement, our House kitchen, and their impact on our mission.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Comfortable cooking and knowledgeable in the kitchen.
- Adept at cleaning and maintaining a high-level of organization.
- Ability to work confidently in a busy kitchen environment.
- Willingness to work professionally and collaboratively with volunteers and staff.
- Agreement with and alignment to all RMHC-CNI rules, policies and protocols, including adherence to all safety/participation requirements.
- Capable of standing for each three-hour shift, and able to carry 35 pounds.
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
Time Commitment and Scheduling:
- Volunteers must commit to two set, recurring shifts per month for at least one year.
- Shifts are seven days a week, 10:00am-1:00pm, 1:00-4:00pm and 4:00-7:00pm.
Training and Support:
- Volunteers must complete an orientation session, background check and on-site shadow shift.
- Meal Helpers report to our culinary team and Volunteer Services Manager.
- Interested individuals can submit an application online: http://vhub.at/lurievolunteers
- 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- evening / 04:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
9 More opportunities with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
1301 W. 22nd St, Suite 905, Oak Brook, IL 60523, US
We exist so families can get better together.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) is an independent, 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of existing so families can get better together. Every night, more than 150 families heal together because of the comfort, compassion and community they find at our five area Ronald McDonald Houses and three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. That’s 44,000 nights each year when families are able to stay close to their children, helping them to heal faster and saving them more than $9 million in lodging and food costs. We are located near Advocate Children's Hospital, Loyola University Medical Center, University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Edward Hospital in Naperville and Central DuPage Hospital.
RMH near Lurie Children's211 E. Grand Ave.Chicago, IL 60611
May 16, 2023
- Cooking / Catering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- -Volunteers must commit to two set, recurring shifts per month for at least one year. -Shifts are seven days a week, 10:00am-1:00pm, 1:00-4:00pm and 4:00-7:00pm.
- -Volunteers must complete an orientation session, background check and on-site shadow shift. -Meal Helpers report to our culinary team and Volunteer Services Manager.