Student Support Program Development VISTA, Lumen High School
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Spokane County United Way - AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Develop a student support program to support the college and career readiness of parenting students at Lumen High School in Spokane, Washington!
Note: This is a full-time, one-year volunteer opportunity in partnership with AmeriCorps, S pokane County United Way, and Lumen High School. All interested parties must apply via the My AmeriCorps portal to be considered for this role: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=111939.
- Develop student support program systems and procedures to ensure long-term benefit for Lumen students
- Research volunteer management platforms
- Draft a yearlong calendar of student support milestones for the program
- Create a communications plan to raise awareness of volunteer opportunities to support Lumen’s students
- Develop resources to support the continued funding and staffing of the program
- Develop financial aid resources for students and their families to utilize as they plan their post-secondary journey
- Develop a comprehensive plan to sustain Lumen’s student support program
This project is supervised by Lumen High School, which is committed to elevating the lives of teen parents by providing high academic standards with a specialized, onsite child development center. Lumen was co-created with teen parents who desired a high-quality educational option and is centered on the core values of belonging, flexibility, discovery, tenacity and empowerment and the idea that we are all learning together. The goal of this project is to provide resources for graduating Lumen students to be successful in their post-secondary pursuits to improve college and career outcomes. By strengthening the student support program at Lumen, this project will make high school graduation more accessible to parenting students and will prepare them for success in the post-secondary pathway of their choice.
Benefits & Logistics:
This position is in Spokane County, Washington, about 20 miles west of Idaho and 110 miles south of the Canadian border. Benefits include:
- $675 biweekly living allowance
- Health coverage
- Childcare assistance
- Choice of either a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,495) or $1,800 cash stipend upon successful completion of service term
- Federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process
- Access to the CliftonStrengths assessment
- Join a cohort of VISTA members throughout Spokane in professional and personal development opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement or a bus pass for service-related travel
- Youth Development
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
7172 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Spokane, WA 99201
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME