Become A Corps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: OneOC
What if you could get paid to make an impact in the community and gain valuable work experience...all at the same time?
Put your values into action to make a difference where the need is greatest. Since 1994, more than 1 million Americans have given 1.3 billion hours of service through AmeriCorps. It is a unique opportunity that offers up to one year of paid service for those entering or re-entering the workforce.
OneOC, in partnership with AmeriCorps, is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships. These powerful service experiences help AmeriCorps members develop skills and passion for lifelong civic engagement, increase their personal growth, and open opportunities for diverse career paths.
As a OneOC AmeriCorps member, you will have the opportunity to build the capacity of Orange County’s most prominent nonprofits such as Grandma’s House of Hope, The Giving Farm, Tustin Elementary Schools, and Community Action Partnership of OC.
What You Will Do:
AmeriCorps Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and implement a volunteer program that engages high-value volunteers, particularly specialized/skilled volunteers and volunteers who take on leadership roles in the organization
• Recruit and train community members as volunteers who support the
infrastructure of community benefit programs
• Track volunteer program and infrastructure development at the Partner Site, utilizing a defined AmeriCorps Member Service Plan
• Serve side-by-side with volunteers to provide guidance, to better understand the clients’ needs, and to improve the volunteer experience
• Participate in all program-required trainings and development opportunities, including orientation, regular meetings with your local VIP team, a regional training (travel may be required), monthly webinars, and online trainings
What Do You Get?
In exchange for your service, AmeriCorps member benefits include:
• Monthly Stipend ($2000 per month)
• Childcare Subsidy (if applicable)
• Student Loan Deferment (if applicable)
• Education Award: $6,495 (Members may use the education award to pay for current educational expenses at an eligible institution, to repay qualified student loans, or to do both).
• Free Leadership Development Trainings and Networking opportunities.
Are you ready to use your compassion, determination, and creativity to help strengthen our community?
Apply TODAY by sending your resume to: HR@oneoc.org
OneOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6958 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1901 E. 4th St. #100Santa Ana, CA 92705
August 1, 2022