Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Blockchain & Climate Institute
The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit two highly motivated and enthusiastic Knowledge Managers to join our Director-General’s Office (Administrative Support Section). The ideal candidate is driven and experienced, and looking to make a difference to international climate change governance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting collective learning and facilitating the sharing of knowledge within BCI and governmental stakeholders worldwide as appropriate. The knowledge manager is expected to foster an environment conducive to knowledge exchange and learning by promoting techniques for knowledge sharing that include skill directories, collaborative ways of working, etc.,
● To develop and champions best practice in using, sharing and exploiting new knowledge generated by BCI research programmes
● To coordinate and facilitate knowledge management improvements for the benefit of the organisation
● To develop the right networks and relationships to ensure knowledge management is integral to
strategic-decision making process across the organisation
● To exploit opportunities for the organisation to derive maximum benefit from its newly generated knowledge and expertise in climate technology policy and regulations
● To lead by example through proactively contributing to all forums for knowledge, sharing own knowledge and reinforcing the value of knowledge to the organisation
● To develop appropriate knowledge management policies and strategies that ensures continuity of access to corporate knowledge, throughout technological and organisational change.
● To ensure any captured knowledge is managed in line with organisational Information Management standards, including lifecycle management
● To develop innovative approaches for acquiring, maintaining and managing knowledge, e.g. coordinating the production of project summaries, video capture and case studies for partner governments, etc.
1 Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritise work;
- Good knowledge of archive, file and database management;
- Good communications skills and expert planning skills;
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate solutions in the organisation;
- Good analysing skills and ability to tackle critical situations;
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with all division officers; and
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude is an indispensable skill required for this role.
2 General & Specialist Knowledge
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential to perform in this role; and
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred but not essential.
3 Education & Training
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business management or related disciplines, or working knowledge in knowledge management.
4 Relevant Experience
- Understanding of knowledge or content management approaches, principles and digital tools
- Ability to develop knowledge management strategy and objectives
- Experience of building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using your own initiative.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
International House64 Nile StreetLondon, N1 7SRUnited Kingdom
May 20, 2022