Communications & Resource Development VISTA, If You Could Save Just One
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Spokane County United Way - AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Improve access to out-of-school-time programs for under-served youth in Spokane’s Hillyard neighborhood through communications and resource development!
Note: This is a full-time, one-year volunteer opportunity in partnership with AmeriCorps, S pokane County United Way, and If You Could Save Just One (Just One). All interested parties must apply via the My AmeriCorps portal to be considered for this role: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=111827.
- Build Just One’s capacity to serve youth and families in the Hillyard neighborhood by developing an intentional communications plan to capture impact stories, raise public awareness of Just One’s services and improve program reach
- Develop the framework for a volunteer program at Just One, to support the sustained operation of the organization’s services and encourage greater community engagement
- Strengthen Just One’s resource development efforts through grant-writing and creating a donor database
This place-based project is supervised by Just One, which provides activities and resources that assist youth and their parents in the Hillyard neighborhood and surrounding Spokane areas to create a supportive environment where youth are encouraged to explore their own path to success. This project will break the cycle of poverty by making services for underserved, low-income youth in the Hillyard neighborhood more accessible and robust. Involvement in high-quality afterschool activities and developing meaningful relationships with caring adults are crucial factors in helping youth build resiliency and create a path to success. Hillyard has historically been under-resourced in healthy youth development. Hillyard and surrounding neighborhoods are more densely populated, more diverse, more impoverished, more crime-ridden, and less educated than the general Spokane population. Many of the youth served by Just One are experiencing poverty, housing insecurity, and educational discipline. Ensuring that Just One can sustain and expand its services will create opportunities for youth to thrive.
Benefits & Logistics:
This position is in Spokane County, Washington, about 20 miles west of Idaho and 110 miles south of the Canadian border. Benefits include:
- $675 biweekly living allowance
- Health coverage
- Choice of either a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,495) or $1,800 cash stipend upon successful completion of service term
- Federal non-competitive eligibility, giving you an edge in the federal hiring process
- Access to the CliftonStrengths assessment
- Join a cohort of VISTA members throughout Spokane in professional and personal development opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement or a bus pass for service-related travel
- Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Nonprofit Management
- Program Development
Apply here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=111827
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6879 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Spokane, WA 99201
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME