Veteran and Military Support Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Heritage OnCare Hospice
Position: Veteran Volunteer
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The veteran volunteer respectfully celebrates patients who are veterans, recognizes their contributions to America, say "thank you" and address the unique challenges that may exist in end-of-life care for military families.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Offer veterans and their families with support and companionship
- Offer veterans and their families the opportunity for veteran pinning
- Assist with applying for lost medals
- Perform pinning ceremonies
- Facilitate legacy projects
- Participate in community outreach activities to increase awareness of veterans benefits regarding hospice and palliative care programs.
- Active U.S. Military or veteran
- Awareness of unique end-of-life needs of veterans and military families
- Ability to interact with different types of patients in different settings
- Self-motivated, dependable and responsible
- Able to work independently and with others
- Complete accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities
- Participates in relevant education activities to provide competent support to patients and caregivers and to promote professional growth.
- Must be 18 years of age
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
16934 Frances Street200Omaha, NE 68130
May 19, 2022
- Public Advocacy