Partnerships Outreach Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Man Up CampaignThe Role
The Man Up Campaign is looking for a Partnerships Outreach Officer for its gsmarthub platform.
With our GSmart Hub (which you'll be working on), we want to let users explore our forums and open debates and conversations about the topics of their interest, and bring visibility and awareness towards what is important to them. We mainly focus on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Gender, Sport, Music, Art, (self-)Reflection, and Technology (G-S-M-A-R-T). The main focus with this will be that users can connect, make friends/colleagues, learn more about certain topics, and ask for advice about certain topics.
We're also working on resources; special learning content on gender opportunity, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals; and successful models of grassroots level projects working towards tackling issues that are important to all.
We want to create content for our gsmarthub which connects people who're tinkering to do good around the globe. You will be writing articles that are related to Women's Rights and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (you are free to pick the ones you like!).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct community outreach to ensure maximum collaboration with NGOs and universities.
- Build relationships with grassroots leadership within the areas we are active in.
- Develop and facilitate relationships between relevant grassroots community stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relations with a broad cross-section of the community and coordinate communications and information flow to stakeholders. This includes fostering relationships with fellow NGOs.
- Work with universities
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of trends and developments
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility, initiative, and good problem-solving abilities
- Multicultural experience and sensitivity to cross-cultural differences
- Must be able to speak and write about their findings clearly, as well as understand assignments and instructions
- Strong research background
- Comfortable making contact with potential new partners and sources
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
About Man Up Campaign
Man Up is a global campaign to activate youth to stop violence against women and girls. Our call to action challenges each of us to "man up" and declare that violence against women and girls must end.The Man Up Campaign US Inc. is an NGO with Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
In order to break the cycle of trauma unabated violence against women and girls bestows on individuals, families, communities, and societies, Man Up Campaign was created to give young people a voice in developing models of change that truly address this issue.
Sports, music, arts, reflection, and technology are some of the primary ways we connect with other people. These are also ways we experience life, transmit and share culture. More importantly, messages about gender, societal expectations, and our identities are passed down to us in these and other forms. The Man Up Campaign is partnering with young men and women around the world by providing training, resources, and support to youth-informed initiatives. This partnership works to build a network of young champions and defenders of gender equality, gender inclusiveness, and opportunity. We link their efforts to those of community-based and sponsor organizations, the entertainment and sports communities towards our common cause.
With our GSmart Hub (which you'll be working on), we want to let users explore our forums and open debates and conversations about the topics of their interest, and bring visibility and awareness towards what is important to them. We mainly focus on Gender, Sport, Music, Art, (self-)Reflection, and Technology (G-S-M-A-R-T). The main focus with this will be that users can connect, make friends/colleagues, learn more about certain topics, and ask for advice about certain topics.
We're also working on resources; special learning content on gender opportunity, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals; and successful models of grassroots level projects working towards tackling issues that are important to all.Company Culture
At Man Up Campaign we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 40 people representing 20 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!Benefits
If you talk to anyone working in the Man Up Campaign, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of people all around the world.
As a fast growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them - then it's real fun!
- A fast growing environment
- Platform Training
- International work environment with over 20 nationalities
- Remote work set up
- Discount on Google Hardware Products
- Free Microsoft Office365
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1500 BroadwayNew York, NY 10036
May 19, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK