Volunteer Child Advocate
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights
The Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights trains bilingual volunteers to serve as Child Advocate for unaccompanied immigrant children in Indiana. Right now, we are in critical need of volunteers who are fluent in Spanish for Indianapolis and Northwest Indiana.
We are also looking for volunteers in IN who are fluent in any of the following languages: Indigenous Central American languages (Quiche, Q’eqchi, Ixil, Popti’, Chuj, Qʼanjobʼal, and Mixteco).
To Become a Child Advocate, You Must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Complete online training modules
- Participate in a two-day virtual training on Saturday, 6/11 and Sunday, 6/12 from 12:00pm-5:00pm EDT
- Pass a background check and child abuse/neglect central registry check
- Young Center will cover the cost of all required clearances
- Have proof of COVID-19 vaccination and TB test results
- For more information, please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form on our website: https://www.theyoungcenter.org/volunteer-child-advocate-interest-form
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Indianapolis, IN 60616
May 18, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH