9 people are interested
Volunteer Board of Managers - Class of 2023
ORGANIZATION: Indian River Family YMCA
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
This voluntary Board of Managers provides oversight of the Indian River Family YMCA Center by providing activity leadership, advice, counsel, and fundraising support to its Executive Director and Staff which is necessary for them to meet their community needs and execute programs that support Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
Principal Board Member Activities:
- Promoting the Vision, Mission, and Cause of the YMCA.
- Attending regularly scheduled Board meetings and completing a three-year Board term of commitment, for which there is a two-term maximum.
- Providing insight, counsel and support to the Executive Director, Staff, and Board Chair.
- Attending special YMCA functions and programs.
- Contributing to the YMCA Annual Giving Campaign each year with a gift to its Board Campaign that is personally meaningful.
- Committing to raising substantial financial support for each year’s YMCA Annual Giving Campaign.
- Recruiting volunteers to assist with the YMCA Annual Giving Campaign.
- Helping to legitimize and solidify the mission work of YMCA-SHR in terms of public and community perception of its image.
- Assisting the Board’s Development Committee by recommending candidate programs/events for Board consideration, and recruitment of approved program/event volunteers as needed.
- Advocating for the YMCA in the community.
More opportunities with Indian River Family YMCA
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Indian River Family YMCA
5660 Indian River Road, 120, Virginia Beach, VA 23464, US
To put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
The Y is us. You, me, your family, your neighbors, your coworkers, your children’s schoolmates. Together, we laugh, learn, sweat, swim, socialize, find the support we need and share that support with others in need. And it works, because we do it together. As a locally based nonprofit organization, our number one priority is to serve this community.
Lead our boards of directors and committees, raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community and advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community.
5660 Indian River RoadSte 120Virginia Beach, VA 23464
May 23, 2023
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- • Board and Board Committee meetings : 1-2 meetings/month- Currently 1 Wednesday/month 7:30-8:30am • YMCA Annual Giving Campaign : 1-3 hours/month • Volunteer opportunities : 6-10 hours/year Length of Board term : 3 year commitment
- Board members must exemplify the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility, in all aspects of performance and relationships with others. Their work must be focused towards enhancing the Y's cause to strengthen the community.