We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation has 2 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
Florida Veterans Memorial & Crest Lake Park Project
ORGANIZATION: City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Please visit the new page to apply.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.givepulse.com/event/293405
Community members are invited to take part in this Florida Veterans Memorial & Crest Lake Park Project in honor of military personnel who lost their lives while serving for the US military. Volunteers will be updating paint on signs and posts, placing small flags around the Memorial, and completing other various projects around the Memorial and Crest Lake Park.
· plenty of water
· comfortable shoes
· sun/bug protection
· dress for the weather & painting
Event details and parking information will be emailed out to registered volunteers a couple days before the event.
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.
201 South Glenwood AvenueClearwater, FL 33755
May 16, 2022
- Must be at least 16