Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Phinney's Friends
Phinney's believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Phinney’s is looking for a volunteer Grant Go-getter to research grants, write materials for grants, help gather numbers for grants with our finance team, and other tasks that may arise as we move through the grant process. This role would report to the Grant Manager.
- Identify and select grants that Phinney’s Friends is eligible for
- Write letters of inquiry and materials for grant proposals
- Complete grant application forms
- Monitor and manage goals for a specific grant
- Identify opportunities to improve the grant outreach program as we move through the process
Qualifications and Expectations
Phinney’s is looking for more than one Grant Go-getter so we don’t expect volunteers to have all the following qualifications. Generally, we are looking for someone who can be sensitive to and tolerant of differing views. A volunteer must be responsive and have concern for the organization’s development. Depending on the role and responsibilities you choose to take on you should have at least one of the following qualifications and be comfortable with the expectations.
- Have an understanding of grant programs for nonprofits
- Have previous grant writing experience
- Be organized and be able to plan accordingly to meet deadlines
- Be able to multitask and keep track of several projects at a time with minimal supervision
- Able to take the initiative in identifying possible funding opportunities
- Have the ability to communicate, listen, analyze, and seek input from others when needed
- Must be able to work well with people individually and in a group
- Be willing to question what is presented, take responsibility, and follow through on given assignments
- Have the ability to open doors in the community and are well connected with the local community
- Have the ability to develop new skills according to the ongoing needs of the organization
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
PO Box 425Lincoln, MA 01773
May 16, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK