Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Georges Malaika Foundation
About Malaika: Located in Kalebuka, DRC, Malaika’s mission is to empower Congolese girls and their communities through education and health programs. Founded in 2007 by Congolese-Cypriot model and philanthropist Noella Coursaris Musunka, Malaika began as a small school for girls and has grown into a fully-functioning ecosystem that consists of a free, accredited school that provides a comprehensive education to 400 girls, a community center that offers a range of programs, including education and vocational training, to 5,000 youth and adults, a clean water program with 25 wells that services over 35,000 people each year and a sustainable agricultural program that provides two nutritious meals each day to students and staff. Malaika’s community-driven approach serves as a model that can be replicated on a global scale in communities around the world. Malaika has been able to accomplish all this as a small non-profit with a budget, in 2022, of $800,000
Position Summary: Reporting to the outreach and communications manager, the volunteer writer will assist with creating copy for articles, website, interviews, and panels for Malaika organization and founder. Excellent opportunity to build writing portfolio.
- Write articles, interviews, blogs and other copy
- Assist outreach and communications director with other material
- Occasionally proofread other writers’ work
- Other related duties as needed
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand and complete assignments
- A passion for girls’ education, womens’ equality and community empowerment
- Prior experience writing articles, interviews, blogs and/or other copy
- Ability to adapt to Malaika and founder’s style and to various assignment tones / voices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a tem
- Ability to listen and carry out tasks with a high attention to excellence and detail
Compensation: This is a volunteer position.
How to apply: Please send a resume, brief cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
244 5th AvenueN225New York, NY 10001
May 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH