VisArts Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: VisArts (Metropolitan Center for the Visual Arts)
Do you believe that the arts are essential and transformative? Are you looking for a way to connect and work with a diverse group of talented community members, including artists as well as nonprofit and business leaders from across the DMV? Are you interested in shaping and guiding the future direction of the region’s largest visual arts organization? Would you like to expand your professional network and enhance your career?
Our board members work together to advance VisArts’ mission, serve as the voice of our community members, and ensure that VisArts is responsive to the needs of artists of all ages, abilities, and experiences. VisArts’ board brings together individuals who have diverse backgrounds and skills that are essential to a successful organization.
· Professionals from the arts, philanthropy, nonprofit, and business sectors.
· Emerging and experienced leaders, including those without prior board experience.
· Individuals who have a strong desire to help our community, and an active interest in advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the arts.
· Current or past involvement with VisArts is preferred, but not required.
· One three-year term with an option for two renewal terms.
· Service on one board committee (Finance, Fundraising, or Governance).
· Attendance at board and committee meetings (four board meetings and four committee meetings per year).
· Positivity, proactivity, and enthusiasm about VisArts’ mission and vision.
· Active leadership in VisArts’ fundraising efforts.
· Advocacy for VisArts within your networks, industry, and community.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
VisArts strives to be an inclusive and safe space for all and to engage the diverse communities that we serve. We invite applications from all individuals, inclusive of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. VisArts is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility throughout the organization and believes strongly in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest along with a CV or summary of your skills, background, and interests by email to Alice Nappy, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 155 Gibbs Street, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20850.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
155 Gibbs StreetSuite 300Rockville, MD 20850
May 14, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity