Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Fringe Theatre
Calling all theatre lovers, arts supporters, community builders, and festival enthusiasts! Volunteer with the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival from August 11 - 21, 2022.
The Edmonton Fringe is the largest, longest running Fringe Theatre Festival in North America. This August, we will host hundreds of artists and thousands of patrons in theatres around Old Strathcona and across Edmonton. It will take a team of 1,000 volunteers to make it happen!
This is your opportunity to join a passionate, dedicated, and inclusive team united in their love for fringing, theatre, and community. Be part of something uniquely Edmonton, something that doesn’t exist quite the same anywhere else in the world, something that only happens because of the commitment of volunteers like you.
We have 11 different volunteer teams to choose from that each support a different area of the festival, including:
- Beer Tents
- Box Office
- First Aid
- Front of House
- Information Services
- Volunteer Headquarters
We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities, and strengths. Our volunteer program centers on teamwork, respect, and creativity. Each volunteer team has its own set of requirements, but we have some basic requirements that apply to all Fringe volunteers. All volunteers must:
- Be 14 years of age or older at the start of the Festival;
- Complete an online orientation course and attend team-specific training;
- Serve a minimum of 4 shifts (approximately 16 hours) during the 11-day Festival;
- Agree to and abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct; and
- Fulfil additional team-specific requirements, as outlined in the team descriptions.
When you volunteer with Edmonton Fringe, you join a team of passionate theatre enthusiasts and arts supporters. In addition to meeting new people and connecting with the arts community, here are a few of the perks we offer to Fringe Festival volunteers:
- Vouchers to redeem for tickets to Festival, Holdover, and Season shows;
- Access to Festival tickets given to volunteers by artists;
- Hot meals and snacks on the days of your shifts;
- Discounts in the beer tents, Fringe Grounds Cafe, and other on-site vendors;
- Fringe-themed volunteer t-shirt and Program Guide;
- Collector’s edition Fringe-themed pin (available only to volunteers!);
- Invitations to exclusive volunteer events and parties;
- Name recognition around the Festival site; and
- Prize draws and other surprises!
Interested? Apply now at fringetheatre.ca/volunteer
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Department at email@example.com or 780-409-1922.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
10330 84 AvenueEdmonton, AB T6E 2G9Canada
May 14, 2022