Kalispell, Whitefish, Bigfork Areas - Communications Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
Special Olympics in the Bigfork, Kalispell, Whitefish, or surrounding areas are actively searching for a Communications Coordinator. Do you have strengths in communicating, organization and have good people skills? If so, this position could be for you!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR is responsible for communicating the progress, events, and daily activities of the Area Management Team (AMT), local programs, and athletes within the AMT as well as to the general public. This position also acts as the secretary and assumes related duties during regular AMT meetings.
- Meeting Minutes: Record and prepare the minutes of each AMT meeting to distribute to all AMT members, committee members, and specific Special Olympics staff via email.
- Correspondence: Compose and send any Area correspondence to Local Program Coordinators (LPCs), families, athletes, and Area volunteers via email, phone, or social media post.
- Social Media: Manage Area Facebook page regularly to reflect current events and announcements for the AMT and local programs.
- Area Calendar: Submit all Area calendar events to www.somt.org monthly and/or quarterly.
- Promotion & Outreach:
- Promote the achievements of area athletes and volunteers by collecting stories and sharing them via social media, email, and the SOMT Marketing & Communications Department.
- Work with Games Management Committees to promote Area competitions.
- Work with Fundraising Coordinator and Special Events Committee to promote Area fundraising opportunities.
- Assist Area Director in preparing and distributing press releases and media notices.
- Photos: Manage all Area photos in Facebook.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: The ability to communicate effectively with others verbally, in writing and via social media. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specific training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
Contact the local Outreach Coordinator today, Jacquie Simmons, at email@example.com, for more information. Thank you for your inquiry!
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Glacier Area - Special OlympicsKalispell, MT 59901
May 13, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Vaires on the season.
- Class A Volunteer paperwork is required.