DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Is your NICHE - Research, Data Collection, & Writing? Grant Writers are Needed
ORGANIZATION: TOUCH GIFT FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Do you love research, data, and reports - gathering information? Are you are writer? Are you well organized, detail-oriented and an exceptional writer with great oral communication skills? These combined skills are the epitomy of an awesome grant writer!
Are you looking to give back by supporting an organization with your skills? If this is you, your talent is in high demand and we need you! Apply today, did we mention that you were needed? Yes, you!
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Grant Writer to support research, managing a grant calendar and keeping track of various deadlines. The grant writer must be highly organized, detailed oriented and exceptional in written and oral communication.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
This job description shall include, but is not limited to, the following duties.
- Work directly with program director(s) and lead faculty on particular grant proposals
- Gathers subject matter experts together for discussion and assembles information pertinent to grant applications.
- Work with team to contact and follow up leads with granting organizations and agencies
- Develops proposals, writes grants, and gathers supporting documentation.
- Develops and maintains a master file of pending, existing, and past grants and contracts
- Maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus or prior experience in data, research and/or grant writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research, analysis, and reporting skills
- Excellent computer skills Ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
About TOUCH GIFT FOUNDATION
1700 West 18th Street, 3rd Floor, Chicago, IL 60608, US
MISSION STATEMENT Touch Gift Foundation’s (TGF) mission is to destroy the cycle of poverty by eradicating the poverty mindset and to empower people to want to change through the resources to make that change happen. TGF’s vision is to create a resourceful alliance that governs a community, empowers people, and influences changed behavior from poverty to independence, personal and professional development, growth, and sustainability. Core Values Impacting L.I.V.E.S. L = Leadership | LOVE I = Independence V = Visibility E = Empowerment S = Security | Sustainability
HISTORY OF ORGANIZATION
In 2018, TGF Founder gave up her life savings and well-credentialed, successful 6-figure driven healthcare and higher education administration career to serve the community. Those funds were used to purchase essentials for the community. A community bound in low-literacy, unemployment, and homelessness. A community persisted in cycles of poverty, incarceration, and inability to envision life beyond their current misfortune.
We envision breaking through their cycles of poverty resulting in self-sufficiency and independence. Solutions included adult education, mental health, restorative justice, and employment and housing security.
What we do
Hunger and Homeless Relief Assistance Program supporting food insecurities and homeless populations - supported over 10,000 households and 30 organizations with resources.
Impacting Lives through Literacy which helps strengthen adult learners’ basic literacy, numeracy, and problem-solving skills supported by 26 volunteer tutors servicing 74 adult learners.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 13, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We are seeking someone to commit to a minimum of 12 hours per month.