Cross Cultural Team Captain
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: United Planet
Cross Cultural Team Captains Addressing Climate Change and Global Health
United Planet is calling U.S. college and university students to join a Unique State Dept. Funded Summer Program. The American-Iraqi Climate Change and Health Teams Program will engage 32 teams from the United States and Iraq. Each team will be co-led by college and university student mentors from both countries. Teams will work on meaningful projects related to climate change and its effects on human health, while developing 21st skills and global citizen leadership. The program will require 4-6 contact hours per week over 6 weeks and 1-2 hours of orientation over a preparation week. Team Captains will receive a $120 honorarium and Certificate of Global Citizen Leadership.
This is a great opportunity for college and university students of diverse majors to develop their leadership skills, while working closely with peers in Iraq to address climate changes and its impact on health - a leadership, resume, and community service builder! Excellent for internship or community service requirements (up to 40 hours).
Join 32 Teams Captains from the United States and Iraq for an innovative Virtual Exchange Program exploring climate change and impacts on human health. All Program activities are virtual.
Duration of the Program
● 7 weeks of Team Activities
● 4-6 hours commitment per week
● Orientation starts June 21 through June 28, 2022 (2 hours per week)
● Program activities: week of July 5th through August 19, 2022
● Applications due May 25, 2022
● Meet virtually with the teams for 1 hour per week
● Meet weekly with the lead faculty for 1 hour per week
● Facilitate all synchronous and asynchronous activities
● Mentor and guide team members
● Deliver final projects
Desired experience and requirements
● Must have leadership experience
● Available for 4-6 hours per week
● Submit the Program application within the deadline - May 25, 2022
● Open to current juniors and seniors
● Connect with students all over the United States and Iraq
● Engage in solving global challenges
● Develop as a global citizen leader
● Build your resume
Complete the Application Form by May 25, 2022. For any questions, please contact Professor Donna Lubrano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
256 Marginal StreetBoston, MA 02128
May 13, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK