Homework Tutor for High School Students (9-12)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization - IRCO
Position: Homework Tutor for High School Students (9-12)
Program Area: Re-Engage (Prevention, Intervention, and Outreach) Programs
Location: In person at Centennial High School Schedule: Once a week on either Tuesdays, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 3:30-5:00PM Position Summary: The volunteer tutor will be working with a small group of high school students (9-12) helping with their school homework in the IRCO Re-Engage Program. This program seeks to reconnect Asian and Pacific Islander youth to educational tracks and supports primarily high school students graduate high school, attain a GED, or continue their broader education goals. Part of Re-Engages services include providing academic support and pro social activities.
• Have a passion for helping students achieve their goals.
• Prefer someone who has experience teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) or experience working with ESL students.
• Commitment to working with diverse populations and non-native English speakers.
• Looking for someone who is competent in middle and high school academic topics and has prior experience tutoring kids in these subjects.
• In addition, the tutor must be reliable, organized, and have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to build good relationships with students and parents to pursue the students' academic goals.
Time Commitment: Yearlong commitment for 1-2 hours a week
Volunteer needed: 1
Age Requirement: 18+
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3505 Southeast 182nd AvenuePortland, OR 97236
May 13, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK