Voices for Children - Child Abuse Prevention Council of Olmsted County
ORGANIZATION: Family Service Rochester
Please visit the new page to apply.
Child abuse and neglect affect children of every age, gender, race, and income level. Olmsted County recognizes that child abuse and neglect:
- Affect every segment of our community.
- Can have long‐term psychological, emotional, and physical effects on victims.
- Requires finding solutions with input and action from everyone.
Voices for Children - Child Abuse Prevention Council of Olmsted County is a multidisciplinary committee of local community members with a mission to spread awareness and education about child abuse prevention in our community. We are seeking additional committee members to join our team.
- The committee runs September-May (breaking during the summer)
- Committee meetings are on the 1st Tuesday each month from 12:30p-1:30 pm, virtually.
- There are approximately 1-3 hours of additional work asked of committee members outside the monthly meeting.
- Committee members help plan for Child Abuse Prevention Month activities in April.
- The committee arranges speakers for virtual brown bag lunch seminars held each Monday in April.
- Committee members also create display boards and flyers distributed throughout the community in April.
- Other tasks may include creating and managing Eventbrite events and monthly meeting agendas.
About Family Service Rochester
4600 18th Ave. NW, Rochester, MN 55901, US
A safe, vital community that fosters strong, healthy families and capable children.
Family Service Rochester (FSR) is a community based, nonprofit organization which provides services associated with counseling, case management, home services and family access center.
FSR was founded in 1965 with a staff of three and the mission to support and enhance the dignity and quality of life for individuals and families in the community. From that small start-up offering counseling and homemaker services, the agency has grown to provide more than 25 programs to meet ever-changing community needs. Volunteers are a key aspect to excellent service delivery to those individuals and families we work with.
1625 Highway 14 ERochesterRochester, MN 55904
May 12, 2022
- Child Welfare
- Background Check