Camp Jamison - Board Chair
ORGANIZATION: Camp Jamison Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
At Camp Jamison, we believe that a summer camp experience has the power to change lives! We believe that every child should get to experience sleeping in a cabin, hiking through the woods, and roasting marshmallows with friends. That is why, since opening in 2011, we’ve offered a comprehensive, one week overnight summer camp experience to all Philadelphia area children.Our mission at Camp Jamison is to offer a program that’s diverse, inclusive, and, most importantly, affordable! For kids growing up in a city with so many challenges, Camp Jamison offers a much-needed escape and reset - a fun, relaxing, and reflective week full of activities designed to strengthen children’s interpersonal and peace-building skills to empower them to become community leaders back home, in their Philly neighborhoods.
Purpose: The purpose of Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board of Directors is to advise, govern, and oversee execution of Camp Jamison as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission: Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission is to serve as a diverse, inclusive, and affordable summer camp for children in Philadelphia.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL BOARD MEMBERS Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and who has a track record of excellence. Selected Board Members will have achieved success in business, government, philanthropy, education or the nonprofit sector. His/her/Their accomplishments will allow him/her/them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members and donors.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of Camp Jamison Corporation’s mission and beneficiaries.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, dedication and a passion for improving the lives of Camp Jamison Corporation’s campers.
- Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board Members will serve a two year term to be eligible for re-appointment.
- All Board Members are required to be prepared for and attend quarterly Board Meetings.
- Stay informed & effectively convey Camp Jamison Corporations mission, values, programs and service to others.
- Inform others about the organization and suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
Camp Jamison Corporation’s Board Members will consider Camp Jamison a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Camp Jamison Corporation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, Camp Jamison Corporation expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
We are currently looking for a new Board Chair or Co-Chairs for Camp Jamison.The Board of Directors is an all-volunteer team that advises, governs, and oversees Camp Jamison.Joining the Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for a passionate individual to support Camp Jamison’s mission.
Responsibilities for the Board Chair or Co-Chair are:
- Meets all General Board Member Expectations & is a member of the Board.
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors.
- Encourages the Board's role in strategic planning.
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities, works with and supports board members to ensure all members are involved in fundraising and committees
- Informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
- Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission.
- Work directly with Executive Director
- Plan & lead all Board Meetings
- Be an active member on the finance committee and work with and support committee leads
- Raise awareness for Camp Jamison
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Camp Jamison Corporation
9251 Wooden Bridge Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19114, US
The Camp Jamison Corporation is committed to running a summer camp for a diverse population of children that includes those with special needs. Camp Jamison will allow children who normally wouldn’t have access to summer camp the chance to experience living, learning, and playing in nature. We want to get kids off the couch and in the outdoors experiencing summer camp each summer!
Camp Jamison is a non-profit camp. Families from low income and middle class backgrounds are able to find a reasonable and affordable summer option for their children at Camp Jamison. Need based "camperships" are awarded to children who otherwise may not be able to afford the opportunity to attend summer camp.
Camp Jamison strives to give every camper a happy, memorable, and life changing summer. Every child who enters Camp Jamison will be returned to their community more well rounded, responsible, independent, and environmentally conscience. Most importantly, Camp Jamison teaches children that with an open mind the world is truly a beautiful place.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 12, 2022
- Youth Services
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Donor Management
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours monthly