Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Hospice Plus
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer program aims to pair Veterans who are volunteers with patients and families of Veterans receiving hospice services for support visits and caregiver relief. Our volunteers also take part in pinning ceremonies and events honoring patients and their families.
A Veteran Volunteer can provide support with the following activities:
- Visit with your Veteran patient and listen to them as they reminisce and tell life stories.
- Take part in honoring Veterans with certificates and flower bouquets.
- Help make birthdays and holidays special by being there for your Veteran.
If you are a Veteran and want to be a companion to another Veteran, please email us and the Volunteer Coordinator will tell you all about Veteran Volunteer Opportunities.
64 More opportunities with Hospice Plus
About Hospice Plus
2777 N. Stemmons Frwy, Suite 1100, Dallas, TX 75207, US
To provide compassionate care and extraordinary service to the patients and the families we serve.
Hospice Plus is committed to clinical excellence in hospice care. We see each individual as more than a patient. Our skilled professionals and volunteers design an all-encompassing program, customized to each patient that addresses not only the physical needs but also the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Our hospice teams provide compassionate care for individuals and their families when life matters most.
Multiple locations Waxahachie, TX 75165
March 16, 2023
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 4 hours each month
- Be fully Vaccinated for COVID 19, complete a background check, a drug screen, and 2-step TB Test (we provide them both)