1 person is interested
Chief Impact Officer (Remote)
ORGANIZATION: African Development Choices
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer Chief Impact Officer to join ADC.
Main Purpose of Job: To oversee the design and delivery of social impact programs while ensuring their financial viability through fundraising and partnerships.
Division: Social Impact
Position Reports to: Founder and CEO
Position is Responsible for: Head of Fundraising, Head of Programs, Head of Partnerships, Head of Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of ADC’s social impact strategy, including practical tools and systems that not only track and measure impact performance, but also integrate impact analysis into strategy and decision-making
- Lead the development of ADC’s fundraising strategy, with a focus on developing long-term strategic public and private sector partnerships with global and regional corporates, institutions, foundations and high net worth individuals
- Play a role in relation to revenue generation by helping to define market relevant value propositions for consulting services based on our Theory of Change, with a goal of achieving a business model that is financially sustainable and delivers on ADC’s strategic vision for catalysing social impact
- Lead the creation of new social impact programs, interventions and goals that will inspire and drive the organisation to deliver social impact at scale, and ensuring that the ADC approach and Theory of Change is upheld and enhanced
- Lead the development of thought leadership initiatives that position ADC as an influential driver of systemic social change in Africa and leader in social impact research
- Play a role in creating and maintaining social impact content, and making it accessible to our Marketing & Communications team for sharing with internal and external audiences to promote ADC’s work
- Coordinate and provide oversight and support to the Social Impact team, guiding recruitment and onward career development of team member
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- +15 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector
- A track record of leading successful fundraising campaigns and grants applications
- Experience of design and delivery of social impact programs
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to develop long term relationships with institutional sponsors and individual major donors
- Familiarity with impact assessment methodologies and latest developments in the impact
- measurement field
- Ability to create powerful narratives that present social impact in a simple manner
- Ability to drive strategy in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team environment
- Established global and regional networks across industry, NGOs, government and academia
- Ability to actively take initiative and help set things up in a start-up environment
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 10-15 hours a week
- Experience working in an early stage star-tup and gone through a scaling phase
- Passion for the start-up life and comfortable in a role with a little ambiguity
- Experience leading, managing and coaching successful teams in different geographical locations
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is helping to deliver systemic social change in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 11, 2022
- Customer Acquisition
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- 10-15 hours per week