Seeking individuals to join the Board of Directors
ORGANIZATION: The Collegiate Black Male Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
The CBM Network is looking for dynamic individuals with a connection and passion for educational equity for marginalized students, more specifically African-American males, to help advance the organization’s mission and vision. The board member will serve as a member of the Board of Directors providing general oversight of all aspects of the organization. The individual in this volunteer role will be an integral collaborative partner for the success of the organization as a whole.
As a member of the Board of the Directors, it is expected of you to . . .
- Provide fiscal and moral responsibility, along with fellow board members, for the wellbeing of this organization.
- Attend quarterly board meetings.
- Contribute a personal financial contribution to the organization.
- Actively participate in one (or more) fundraising activities.
- Work in good faith with fellow board members and staff towards the achievements of the organization's goals.
- Keep accurate records related to the financial aspects of the organization to include, but not limited to: budget proposals, federal, state, and local (if applicable) annual reports, registration and filing deadlines, and financial audits.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Collegiate Black Male Network
915 West 54th Place, Chicago, IL 60609, US
The mission of The Collegiate Black Male Network is to increase the persistence and graduation rates of collegiate African-American males through mentoring.
Across the nation, there are many organizations dedicated to providing college access services for traditionally underrepresented, marginalized students. However, research shows a lack of support for these same students as they pursue a college degree.
The vision of The Collegiate Black Male Network is to become the leading mentoring organization for collegiate African-American males. Our core values are...
Commitment: We value a commitment to advance ourselves despite adversity.
Community: We value the opportunity to create and maintain diverse student-centered spaces.
Diversity: We value and appreciate the varied backgrounds and perspectives of others.
Education: We value a commitment to learning in and out of the classroom.
Integrity: We value an inter code of honor by doing the right thing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 11, 2022
- Grant Writing / Research
- Background Check