Social Media Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The WE United Project
The WE United Project is seeking a highly motivated volunteer who is enthusiastic about promoting women’s empowerment in Nepal through sports-based activities.
Founded in 2014, The WE United Project empowers Nepali women and girls by creating safe spaces to impart leadership training, life skills development, and team building through dynamic sport-based activities.
WE United is a women-led organization founded on the belief that sport enables women and girls to develop social networks, physical strength, and the confidence to fully participate in any sphere of life they choose. WE United believes that participation in sport changes how women view themselves and how others view women; therefore, contributing to a broader agenda of women’s empowerment and equality.
WE United is committed to excellent implementation and continual innovation in the field of women’s empowerment through sports. Every year, WE United expands its activities as well as the network of empowered women and girls it engages in Nepal and beyond.
WE United works across four impact areas:
- WEchallenge - WE United challenges gender stereotypes and norms by collecting and publishing statistics and photographs that counter prevalent stereotypes.
- WEconnect - WE United builds local and global communities of support through the development of networks and platforms that bring people together.
- WEcoach - WE United empowers women leaders as coaches through a dynamic curriculum that builds leadership skills and provides coaches with resources to establish their own team.
- WEplay - WE United creates safe spaces for play at all levels through tournaments, leagues, and training sessions.
To learn more about The WE United Project, visit our Facebook page, Instagram account, and website www.theweunitedproject.com
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
WE United is seeking volunteers (on-site and remote opportunities available) to become part of our mission-driven team. A volunteer opportunity with WE United will be a good fit for you if:
- Mission-driven: You are passionate about women’s empowerment; You have knowledge and understanding of gender equity and the barriers preventing women from participating in sports.
- Team Player: You are committed to empowering people in every interaction.
- Life-long Learner: You are interested in learning new skills and approaches.
- Proactive: You are self-motivated and have the capacity to work on your own initiative.
WE United currently employs two full-time staff members. Our small but mighty team will assist you to develop a Job Description based on your interests and skills and our organizational needs.
WE United is committed to innovation and growth. The list below identifies some of our current organizational needs. If you are interested in any of these positions, WE United would be interested to hear from you.
- Grant Writer / Fundraiser
- Project Manager
- Mahila Premier League, Nepal's first women's futsal league
- #RePictureWomen, photography project to challenge gender stereotypes
- Curriculum Developer
- Empowerment and Leadership curricula
- Sports Coach
- Soccer/Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket
- Graphic Designer
- Social Media Developer
- Website Developer
- Basic First Aid Trainer
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Kathmandu, Bagmati Province 05445Nepal
May 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME