Celebrate Pride Month with Books at Oakland Public Schools!
ORGANIZATION: Oakland Ed Fund
Please visit the new page to apply.
We're hosting our 5th Annual LGBTQ+ Read-In, a volunteer event across Oakland public schools where we read books by and about people who identify as LGBTQ+.
Register here: https://oaklandedfund.tfaforms.net/4767207, and learn more about our one-time opportunities here: https://www.oaklandedfund.org/programs/volunteer/one-time-volunteers/.
Here's what you'll need for clearance:
- Apply using the link above
- Send us your proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Sign a COVID-19 acknowledgement waiver
- Once you're cleared as a one-time volunteer, you'll get access to our one-time volunteers webpage, where you can see each shift listed. You'll then sign up and we'll introduce you to the school you're volunteering at via email.
- Volunteers are expected to follow COVID-19 protocol set by OUSD, which includes full vaccination and wearing masks indoors.
- Each shift is roughly two hours, including time for preparation.
- Relevant books will be provided by a staff member at each event.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Oakland Ed Fund
POB 27148, Oakland, CA 94607, US
The Oakland Public Education Fund leads the development and investment of community resources in Oakland public schools so that all students can learn, grow, and thrive.
The Ed Fund is the only organization raising money for all Oakland public schools. Since 2003, we have raised more than $50 million for programs that help students thrive. We put the right tools in students’ hands to give all kids the excellent education they deserve.
We support all Oakland public schools-both District-run and charter-with a focus on those furthest from opportunity, because kids who come to school with less need more.
The Ed Fund builds partnerships that make our schools stronger. Whether it’s finding a funder for a big District project or a bringing a group of volunteers to a school to read with kids, we are committed to connecting the wider community to our public schools. Put simply, we feel our public schools are better when we all work together.
Multiple locations Oakland, CA 94607
May 10, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Each shift is roughly one to two hours each day in the morning or afternoon.