10 people are interested
Volunteer: Social Media Manager & Communications Specialist
ORGANIZATION: The Latino Health Innovation Alliance (LHIA)
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The Latino Coalition Against COVID-19 (LCAC19) is a national, community-led, non-partisan, collaborative movement to build health equity in Latinx communities. We join together with other organizations, coalitions, alliances, and task force groups to work towards a common goal of amplifying local voices to a national level. By forming meaningful partnerships facilitated by active collaboration and shared decision-making, our collective efforts can improve the health and well-being of Latinx communities across the country. LCAC19 leverages the expertise of our members to help transform the social and economic conditions in Latinx communities by creating, influencing, and changing public policy. For more Information about LCAC19, please visit our website: https://www.lcac19.org
The Latino Coalition Against COVID-19 (LCAC19) seeks a Social Media Manager & Communications Specialist who can tell a compelling story; use art and design to engage and inspire; leverage hashtags, emojis, and GIFs appropriately and effectively; and understands how communications and digital media tools can amplify an organization’s brand and build relationships.
The Social Media Manager & Communications Specialist can engage with diverse audiences through multiple channels and is as comfortable doing so online as they are in person. Through strategic thinking and creative storytelling, the Social Media Manager & Communications Specialist will help LCAC19 elevate our mission, programming, and body of student artwork, as well as authentically connect with our peer-to-peer holistic health global community.
- Manage and update the editorial calendar to reflect LCAC19’s marketing strategy and communications priorities
- Create, post, and share high-quality, compelling, and relevant content about LCAC19, and mission-related news via social media channels, especially Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Develop creative and innovative media (such as graphics and videos) to promote events, campaigns, and programs
- Design social media toolkits to engage users in amplifying our programs and campaigns
- Monitor social media accounts and interact with users
- Collect and review data to gauge and/or improve the effectiveness of social media strategies
- Research and evaluate paid digital media opportunities to increase the visibility of LCAC19’s programs and campaigns
- Stay informed of the social media space and emerging content trends, monitoring for conversations, activities, and developments that may serve as opportunities for LCAC19
- Lead the ideation and implementation of other social media strategies to help LCAC19 achieve our goals
- Assist LCAC19’s Founder and CEO in drafting and conducting research for blogs, emails, and other communications
- Assist LCAC19’s Founder and CEO on outreach tasks to maintain and develop strategic partnerships
- Help to write general newsletters, blog posts, emails, and other targeted outreach to community members
- Assist in designing promotional materials such as program flyers and event signage
- Curate and assist in the design of publications
About The Latino Health Innovation Alliance (LHIA)
505 14th Street, Suite 290, Oakland, CA 94612, US
The Latino/a Health Innovation Alliance (LHIA) exists to confront the pervasive health inequities across the country by empowering communities of color, promoting health equity, championing social justice, and increasing representation at all levels of leadership within our rapidly evolving, technol As we look towards the future of digital health, it is important that we take action to create a community that is diverse and inclusive. SaludConTech and the Latino Health Innovation Alliance (LHIA) are leading the charge, and we invite you to join us. Whether through active participation, advocacy, or resource contribution, we can work together to ensure that the benefits of digital health are accessible to all. As Latinos leaders we have the power to make a difference and create a better future for everyone.
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, the Public Health Institute focuses its efforts in two distinct, but complementary ways. PHI promotes and sustains independent, innovative research, training and demonstration programs--many in collaboration with the private health care system and community-based organizations. PHI also serves as a partner with government to support its role in assessment, policy development and assurance.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- 5 hours a week flexible shifts.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)